Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hot Pepper's Garden 2012


Strawberries and Kale
Well it's that time of year again - time to start a new garden.  A couple of weeks ago I went with Thyme to this great farmer's market in Baltimore and bought some little kale and collard plants. I went home and cleaned and prepped my raised garden box.  To my surprise last year's mint and strawberry plants came back double and the rosemary survived the winter that wasn't.  I planted my greens and today after being away for a week went out to check on them. The kale is growing and doing quite nicely.  I may even pinch some off before the week is out. My collards aren't looking too good, something is eating away at them.  And there are lots of strawberries that hopefully I'll get to nosh on before I leave for another week-long trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment