Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thyme's Garden 2011

It is that thyme of year again! Gardening thyme! I am a little late on giving the update on my garden this year. Last year was a wonderful year for my garden, there were some hits and misses. This is year three and I am feeling like a pro. There is still a lot to learn and I think I am well above the learning curve. The changes for this year include no longer growing zucchini, squash, and eggplant. I added cucumbers, yellow onions and red onions this year! They all appear to be great additions. Why didn't someone tell me that cucumbers would take over your whole garden. I will have to rethink this for next year. I planted several varieties of tomatoes including lemon boy, big beef, window box roma, and vine tomatoes. The jalapeno peppers did such a good job last year, that I decided to try it again, I planted mammoth jalapeno. This is working well for me. Of course I decided to plant different varieties of peppers including green bell peppers, sweet red peppers and yellow peppers. I also planted thyme, basil, rosemary and Greek oregano. Overall my garden is yielding great results. I seem to be keeping the pests at bay this year. I have tried feeding my garden with an organic feed, and it appears that it is working. My mom loves guacamole. Before she left to return to home after her very long visit, I used tomatoes and jalapenos from the garden to add some color! The guacamole was a hit.

Let's just say, I am enjoying gardening immensely. I feel that my ancestors are pouring their blessings down on me. I come from a family of farmers and I feel that my grandparents, great-grandparents and my dad would be especially proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment