Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hot Pepper's Garden Week 5

Yeah, my little garden is taking off!! Take a look at the pictures. I just ate my fourth strawberry. A nice size tomato, with lots of other smaller ones are in the works. Bright yellow squash blossoms are peeking out from under their mother plants. I almost screamed after seeing the head of an eggplant (if you can describe it like that) for the first time in my life popping out of its stem. I'm besides myself with joy over my accomplishment. Now, the only bummer is that I have to go out of town for a week and leave my babies to the care of my son. As I cross my eyes looking at him dubiously he promises to water and take care of them. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Note: I found this website to help this novice gardener, www.heirloom-organics/guide/guidetogrowingvegetables.html.


No comments:

Post a Comment